Sunday, January 28, 2007

Passionate Yachtsman

I have a passion for Yachts and Sailing and this is why I have an interest in the development of the Marina at Swakopmund and it's successful completion.

This is surely going to have a tremendous impact on Sailing and is bound to give the local tourism industry a boost too. However there seems to be a lack of enthusiasm and interest with most people in Namibia. There are not that many sailors here and my feeling is that there are only some who have the vision and insight to foresee the economic potential that the Marina will bring.

I am therefore trying to gather as much information as I can about the current status of the project, because I believe that if a special interest group of end users can be mobilized, a positive contribution can be made. My hope is that I can find a way of making more people aware and collectively lobbying investors, local government and other stakeholders.

Surely more can be done towards further positive publicity and marketing of the project in order to ensure it's success.

No comments: